Friday, September 12, 2014

Just got to Mexico!!

I have been here in Mexico for about three hours now.  I hardly slept on the flight to Atlanta as well as to Mexico City.  While in Atlanta, we kinda just sat around at the gate and talked.  I dont know why but all the other elders and sisters seemed to follow me around the airport like I knew where I was going.  I eventually led us to the right gate, then we went to other terminals in shifts so we could get breakfast and still have someone watch our stuff at the gate.  And yes, we did need to take a subway to get from terminal to terminal.  All the people at the airport looked at us like we were on some weird field trip or really young FBI agents.

Then as we flew to Mexico City we flew over the Gulf of Mexico, straight to the city.  People really arent kidding when they say that Mexico City is the largest city in the world. SOOOOOOOOOOOO many buildings of all different shapes and colors.  I took a few photos from the plane, but they dont do it justice.  The drive to the CCM (MTC) was crazy.  There are no traffic lights and the drivers tailgate like none other.  They dont signal, and they honk the horn like crazy.  Sounds like my kind of place to drive right? Haha :)

The next few days are going to be registration and orientation, they we will get down to the needy greedy.  Definitely a different feel being around nothing but missionaries all called to the the Lords work all around the world.  Its awesome here.  I have already spoken a little spanish to help get one other elders through customs.  FOr that all I had to do was push and button and I was in.  No baggage check or anything.  

Yes I did get the previous emails.  IT WORKS.  I love you all and will talk to you soon!

Love,
Elder Lomeli

P.S. My companions name is Elder Hagemeyer, but i havent met him yet.

My address here is:
Your Missionary's mailing addres is:
Elder Travin James Lomeli
10/09/2014 Branch 12 - District B
Carretera Tenayuca-Chalmita #828
Colonia Zona Escolar, Gustavo A. Madero
07230 Mexico, Distrito Federal
Mexico

The estimated departure date for your missionary is 10/09/2014. The use of the
above address on all correspondence will greatly faciliate delivery to your missionary
at the MTC. Please don't send packages.

No comments:

Post a Comment