Thursday, December 25, 2014

¡Feliz Navidad!

Hola friends and family!

This week has been a crazy one to say the least.  To start off, you might be wondering why I am writing on Wednesday instead of Monday right?  Well, our Mission President changed our PDAY to today so that we could have more time to proselyte before the 24th and 25th.  On these two days, we need to be in our casas by 5:30 at night and we arent allowed to leave.  So to make up for the lost proselyting time, we have PDay today!

So while we were in Quito, we had our dinner with President Richardson.  My zone ate with all the zones out in the coast, and that meant that I met up with someone that I know!  I saw Elder Ryan Call!  It was so good to see him and catch up with him after not seeing each other for almost 6 months!  The dinner we had with President was an AMERICAN meal! Oh it was very delicious.  Too bad we couldnt have seconds....

The traveling to and from Quito killed me almost.  Once we hit Quito, I got a big headache.  The alitude change from Lago Agrio to Quito is almost 12,000 feet or more, so thats what dealt me in for a big headache.  When we got back to Lago Agrio, I was hurled over in stomach pain for two nights.  I think it was just becuase I was REALLY hungry, or I have a little friend that might be inside me.  I think Ill name him Steve.  Hopefully Steve stays asleep for a while, I gave him a big bowl of food, so he should be happy :)

Things are going really good with our investigators.  We had 8 of our own investigators come to church on Sunday, and just last night, we committed 2 of them to be baptized on the 10th of January!  We are hoping to have all 8 baptized in the next two months or so.  We really want to make sure that they are going to be faithful, longterm members of the church.  Numbers dont mean a thing, but Eternal Salvation does!

I hope all have a Merry Christmas tomorrow! And always to keep the TRUE meaning of Christmas in your hearts.  If you havent seen the He is the Gift video yet, WATCH IT.  It is really good, and invites the Spirit really well.  I plan on Skyping home about 2 or 3 MY TIME.  I think that makes it 12 or 1 Utah time.  I cant wait to hear about all the good things that are going on at home!  I hope you all have a WHITE Christmas, becuase mine is nice, green, and warm :)

Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!


Me and Elder Call!

my christmas dinner with president


With one of the Assistants Elder Lindeman.  He is a Lone Peak alumni as well.  Such a cool guy!

Merry Christmas from Elder Lomeli, President and Hermana Richardson!

No comments:

Post a Comment