Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Amazing Weekend!!

Hola everyone!

I think the title speaks for itself.  This weekend was one for the record books.  I will admit up front that this was the first time that I have ever stayed awake for all five sessions of General Conference.  And this was the first time that I have taken notes in every session, not just the Priesthood session.  I have to agree with everyone that all the talks in this session were phenomenal, but if I had to pick out just one (three) they would all be from the Sunday afternoon session.  I really really like Elder Ballards talk about staying in the boat.  I liked how he likened our life jacket as the scriptures.  If we read them, ponder them, and apply them we will never sink.  Elder Scott has always been one of my top three favorite speakers, and this session was no different.  The four tools he gave us to resist temptation really impacted me.  Especially the first two tools, which were prayer and heeding the words of the scriptures and of the living Prophets.  And lastly, Elder Bednars talked geared towards the non members.  His talked really strengthened my desire and confidence to help bring more souls unto Christ.  He made it all sound so simple, and thats how it really is.  So I invite everyone to take his challenge that he made at the very end, to COME UNTO CHRIST and see how he can bless your life.

Things with the companion have gotten a little better.  Just gonna have to try to love and tolerate him for another two weeks.  The departure date that my flight itinerary gave is not the correct one.  I dont leave the CCM until the 21st.  The church has to just schedule that flight in case I needed to have anything done with my visa.  They will end up cancelling it, and scheduling me another flight for the 21st of this month.  So now I get to be fed all this delicious, and desirable food for two more weeks.........  I am ready to just get out of here and go to work.  Sitting in the classroom all day gets really old.

Throughout this whole week I have been wanting to watch the BYU/USU football game, knowing that they play before every conference weekend.  I even asked my zone leaders to call our branch president how the game turned out.  He is an AVID BYU fan, and always gives us updates on the games every Sunday in ¨Priesthood.  To be honest, I kinda had a feeling that Bronco would get too greedy with having Taysom run the ball too much.  Yes that would have won him the Heisman, but it would have been the downfall.  Bronco should just fire Robert Anae already, but he is better that Doman was.  Just my two cents, even though they arent very missionary appropriate.  But hey, it is the LORDS university so we should be striving to make it a better school and a better football coaching staff.

I am so so glad to hear that Elder McCown is doing well.  Im sure he will be itching to get out of the MTC and get into the field.  You come to realize in the CCM that it doesnt matter how prepared you are or how well you know the language.  As long as you can invite the spirit, it will teach the investigator all they need to know to come unto Christ.  Knowing the language and lessons just make it a little easier :)

I love you all, and thank you for your prayers. I pray for the blessings of the Lord to come upon all of you every single night.  I know this is where I am supposed to be and I am too excited to serve the Lord.  Kinda hard to believe that I am already ONE MONTH done with the mission.  I am 1/24 done Mom, and next month will be 1/12! But who's counting? :)

Talk to you all next week! Love you! 

Elder Lomeli

No comments:

Post a Comment