Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Imbabura Bound

Hello friends and family!

This week has been one for the books.  Elder Gonzalez and I made a ton of efforts to find new investigators for the missionaries in the upcoming transfer.  We made almost 50 contacts in areas where they seem a little bit more receptive to the Gospel.  Hopefully they all progress!

With transfers being this week, we went around all day Saturday and Sunday saying our possible goodbyes to all the families we have been visiting, member and nonmember.  I will admit it was a little hard to cry for a few of them.  It is crazy how much you can come to love people in so short a time.  The Familia Ceballos had the hardest time with the idea of transfers.  They were all crying, which just made it harder.  Good thing I took some photos though!  I hope to return there sometime later in the mission.

I bet by now you are wondering if I have been transfered or not.  Well, the title above says that I did.  I left Lago Agrio at 5:00 Monday morning to head for the little town of Ilumán.  It is about 10 minutes outside of Otovalo.  I had a 7 hour bus ride from Lago to Quito, then another 3 hour bus ride from Quito to Otovalo.  There I met my companion, Elder Neil Zambrano.  He is from Peru as well and he has 22 months in the mission.  Its possible that he could leave in the next transfer as well.  He is the DL here and he said that he will kind of subtly teach me the ropes of being a DL.  Whether I am one or not is up to the Lord and Pres Richardson.

It is colder and way drier here.  But the air is significantly cleaner haha.  I kinda miss the smelly, garbage filled streets of Lago, but the Lord must have a purpose for me being here.  I may even pick up a little bit of Quichua too :)  Otovalo is said to contain the closest related descendants of the Lamanites in all the world, so now I literally feel like a Nephite haha !

The church is true and so is everything about it.  Our mission, should we choose to accept it, is to share the Gospel in its simplicity to all the world for the Salvation of man.  Oh snap, somebody put that quote in a movie or a Hallmark card or something :)  Till next week,

Elder Lomeli

Pic: View from my new apartment of the volcano Cotacachi and surrounding area



No comments:

Post a Comment