Monday, January 5, 2015

Happy New Year!

Mis queridos hermanos y hermanas,
(Thats what General Authorities say in Spanish)

Well as a missionary I cant lie. This week was a lot slower than normal.  With all the New Year Celebrations and everyting it made it harder to find people to teach becuase they all went to Quito or were drunk.  I spent the 31st shut in my casa at 5:00 and forward.  I made hotdogs for dinner for me and my companion and we just talked.  I finally decided to go to be around 9:30 because I was really tired.  I slept right through all the celebrations and everything.  Kinda boring, I know.  We didnt even get to follow the mandatory Ecuadorian tradition of buring a muñeco, or doll.  That part especially made me sad, but we had a good New Years nonetheless.

We had a little bit more bad news with investigators this week too.  The Granizo family had a baptismal date for the 10th, which is this Saturday.  Edison and Jackson (father and son) dont want to get baptized without the mom, Elena.  She doesnt really want anything to do with the church and wont commit to a date.  She is really cool though, and always gives us food :)  Pray for her to have a desire to join the true Church of God.

Today for ¨P Day we went to a jungles forest park.  There you can walk all over and see lots of jungles animales, canoe, and zipline.  We only saw two monkeys, some turtles, and a bleach white spider.  I even got to hold the monkey!  He followed us all over the place.  His name was Matias.  He was  really cute and loved to give hugs around the waist for some reason.  We saw some pretty flowers and butterflies.  The other gringo kept taking pictures of all the mold on the trees for some reason.....weird.  It was a true Ecuadorian jungle experience!!!!!!

The working should start progressing here this next week.  I have recently taken over the Gospel Principles class in our Rama.  There isnt a set teacher for some reason, and I didnt like how the other Elder just read the book, so I took over.  I even got a few laughs out of the class yesterday.  
Please pray that we may start to have some success out here.  We had almost no success in December and our spirits our down.

When we put our faith in the Lord, all things are possible. I love being a missionary.  The chruch is true.  Being out here, I have seen the blessings come to those who just do the simple things.  Like going to church each Sunday and reading the scriptures.  The Lord is anxiously waiting to bless us, we just need to do the things he asks us to.

Have a great start to the New Year,

Elder Lomeli


Muñecos that the Cedeño family burned

No comments:

Post a Comment