Monday, March 9, 2015

Not My Will, but Thine Be Done

 Hola Familia y Amigos!

This week has been a pretty typical week, with lots of good things added in.  The work is moving forward greatly here in Iluman, and we are excited to start to see some miracles for March!

Ill start out with Tupak.  He is progressing really well this past week.  He came to church and continues to read his Book of Mormon everyday without fail.  We are just waiting for his baptism in the Catholic church which should take place this coming Sunday.  We are going to  invite hiim to be baptized on the 21st of March! Please pray that he can be baptized on this date!

 We have also done lots of contacting this week, just talking to almost everyone we see.  We also give service to people that say they dont want it.  On Satruday, we helped shuck and degrain corn for some random people that said they were find without our help.  After the service, we were able to share a small message about the Restoration.  They gave each of us 6 cobs of corn to eat afterwards as their token of gratitude.  They declined to have us return, but it was the first time they had accepted Mormon Missionaries.  Seed planted.

Things have gone well in the ward as well.  We got a new Relieft Society Presidency, and we are excited to have them help us forward the work.  The four of us missionaries in the ward have also started having a ward wide FHE every Sunday night at 6:00 at the chapel.  We had a decent turnout of 30 people, all of which said they would invite more people to come the next week.  We need more strength in the ward, so these FHE nights will help out a lot we hope.

Now to explain the title of the email.    This week, I read a  small talk about forgetting myself.  The speaker added the words of Parley P. Pratt, who was an amazing missionary who served almost all his life.   Ill share a little of what he said after recieveing another mission call from President Brigham Young.
 " I have desired, after traveling for 25 or 26 years, mostly abroad, to stay at home and minister among the people of God, and take care of my family; but God´s will be done, and not mine.  If it is the will of God that I should spend my days proclaiming this Gospel and bearing testimony of these things, I shall think myself highly privelidged and honored. And when the Spirit of God is upon me, I think it matters but very little what I suffer, what I sacrificed-  whether I secure the honor or dishonor of men, or where I die, if it so be that I can keep the faith, fight the good fight, and finish my course with joy.  I have all eternity before me, in which to enjoy myself."

This little message had greatly changed my perspective  in  many aspects. Do the Lords will, there is no other way.  This church is  true and I feel so blessed to be spreading it.  We are enlisted in this work!  Lets go save some souls!  And talk to some strangers :)

Que tengan una buena semana!

Con amor,
Elder Lomeli



 Me with the Statue of Rumiñahui a famous prehistoric native

No comments:

Post a Comment