Monday, May 18, 2015

Goodbye and Hello Again!

Welcome one and all, to the 34th weekly email, of Elder Travin Lomeli, Missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  Speakers were selected from general authortities and general officers of Elder Lomeli´s brain.  Members of the contact list have come from all areas of the world, to recieve and email and report from Elder Lomeli.  Music for this session, provided by your personal playlist.


Well everyone, now that we have yet again completed another very fast week, time for another one.  This week as a little bit slow in Carapungo, but we were able to visit with a lot of people at least once so that Elder Yañez could say goodbye.  When we visited with a recent rescue, Roger, he was completely crying his eyes out.  Ironic becuase just last week he explained to us how he never cries and thinks crying isnt worth the pain.  Just made me realize how big of an impact we can be on people in so short a time.  He almost made us cry too.

So when Sunday night came, I wasnt too worried at all for the changes.  But when we got the call, they told me that I would be going to Agato, which is in Otavalo.  I was only out of here for a month and a half and now Im back.  I am about 10 minutes away from my old sector in Iluman and it feels really weird to be back.  And to top it off, my new companion is Elder Barnes who is from my group and from West Haven (by Ogden).  He is not only my first gringo comp, but he is my first companion not from Peru haha.  

We are going to work hard to find people to teach and baptize.  And if I can get permission, I will go see Tupak and see how he is doing!  I never got a picture with him, and now Im way close so I will do my best.  

Something that we shared with a lot of members this week really hit me.  It was a scripture that is very famous in the missionary work.  It is 3 Nephi 5:13: Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.  

This is the purpose of all of us here on the earth, not just the missionaries.  Try to look for the experiences to help others achieve eternal life.  They are all around us.  It could just be as simple as saying Hi, but it makes a difference.  Show your faith by your example and others will want to be like you and ask you how.  I know that this work is true and Christ lives.  Go share it!

Elder Lomeli



Zona Calderon Este


Last visit with Roger

No comments:

Post a Comment