Monday, November 17, 2014

The Work is Progressing in Lago Agrio


¡Buenas Tardes!

Wow, so good to talk with everyone again!  This week has flown for me, so I hope the same for everyone else too!  The weather is really warn down here.  Someting like 85 degrees and sunny almost everyday, with the occasionaly cold front of 70 degrees and a couple hours of beating rain.  Nevertheless, the work is moving forward.

We have two investigators, Elgar and Luz Ceballos, with a baptismal date this Saturday, they just need to get married REALLY QUICKLY haha.  We also found a father and son who are very interested in the church. Edison (father) and Jackson (son) Graniso both have dates for the 6th of December.  I hope that they can follow through with the committments for that date.  We are doing quite a bit of contacting (tracting) as well.  The people here are willing to talk to anyone on the street.  Then after we get our hopes up, they drop the bomb and say that they are super Catholic or JW, or dont show up to church, or dont make a return appointment.  But I know that we are being blessed for our efforts.

The members here are really caring and loving towards the missionaries.  They are always asking to feed us or give us a ride, so its really nice.  Makes it easier to not miss home, when they are always saying that their home is also our home.  I am really starting to understand what they mean when they say that you need to love the people.  I love all of them, and to be honest, I dont really want to leave Lago Agrio!  One mamita made us SARDINES this week.  I didnt want to hurt her feelings, so I endured it.  Had to brush me teeth twice after it haha :)  I also ate tripe this week too!  Always something new to eat down here in Ecuador.  


Great to hear about the mission calls of Syndey and Tyler!  The people of North Carolina and Arkansas will be blessed a ton by their Spirits!  So many missionaries preaching the truth to the whole world....Amazing.  I love it so much.

This week though, I have had to apply one of my favorite scriptures: Joshua 1:9.  It has helped me beyoned belief this week, and I urge all of you to remember this promise God has given us.  

I love being a missionary already.  Feels so good when people decide to follow the example of Christ and be baptized.  I love you all and thank you for your prayers in my behalf.

Till next week,

Elder Lomeli




No comments:

Post a Comment