Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Allichishi Amigocuna

Above it says good afternoon friends!

This week like always went fast.  In the middle of the week, we had interviews with President Richardson.  I passed!....I hope haha.  He just counseled me to keep up the good work, and that he likes where Im at as a missionary.  He has told me that the future looks bright if I keep up the good work.  Better believe I´ll do just that!

This is the last week of Elder Zambrano´s mission.  He´s kinda sad, but yet excited to go home at the same time.  I have to kind of guide him by the hand to get him to work, but in the end we get the work done.  He has been giving me lots of advice this last week that I will continue to use for rest of my mission.  Im grateful for his example.

So this week we were able to find some new people to teach!  We again devoted a whole day to just knocking doors and talking to people in the street.  We found Margdalena, Luis, and Andy, who all accepted return visits.  We tought the Restoration to Luis and Margdalena, who are married and they took it really well.  We committed them to baptism and they accepted!  They just want to take things a little slow, but said if they come to know that this is the True Church of God, that they will be 100% committed to it.  Hopefully they are our Miracles of March! So excited to see them progress.

Tupak is doing great as well.  He continues to progress, he just has to wait for his baptism in the Catholic church first.  He´ll hopefully have his baptismal interview this weekend! 

This weekend in almost all of South America is Carnaval.  It is a time where there are HUGE parties, and people throw water, flour, and other things at free will.  As missionaries we are banned from playing, and we have stricter contacting rules for a few days so we dont get raged upon.  Today as we were coming back from Otavalo in a bus, I had the window open.  That turned out to bite me in the butt.  We were almost to our casa and someone threw a massive bucket of water from a roof top and came through the window....  Got me and my backpack all wet, and not a drop on Elder Zambrano. Go figure. 

Being in this sector has made me realize the importance of a positive attitude.  We struggle to find people to teach, members dont keep all the commandments, and many other things.  But, with a positive attitude, we can accomplish anything!  Every night, we have to call the zone leaders because Elder Zambrano is the district leader.  They always ask how I am doing, and I reply: "Life is great, and IM A MISSIONARY!"  I can honestly not think of a time when I have been consistently happy, even through the hardships of the mission.  I encourage you all to see the bright side in all things.  Christ always did, and so should we.  

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment