Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Im Now Guilty of Murder :)

Buenas tardes a todos!  Im am writing this on Tuesday because yesterday when we were writing home, the power went out in the whole valley and didnt return until almost 9:00 at night.  So, we received permission from the Assistants to finish writing home today.  Dont worry Im not dead :)

Speaking of being dead, Elder Zambrano is.  Right now as I am typing he is in the airport in Lima waiting for his flight to go to his city.  I know all this because he told me all his plans maybe a hundred times.  It was kinda hard to send him off though.  It made me sad and I kinda felt like I hand to go with him as well.  Gonna be even harder when I have to go home for reals.

Friday we went to Quito so that Elder Zambrano could have his interview with the Secretaries about all his finances and stuff.  We get to Quito, travel to the offices, and find out that his interview is on Monday, and not Friday.  So we bought a few things in the MegaMaxi and Quicentro that you cant buy anywhere else in the mission, like PEANUT BUTTER! Its already half gone haha.  On the ride back to Otavalo, we watched the movie BABE on the bus about the pig that herds sheep.  I was sooooo happy to see that movie and brought back some memories. Kind of a corny movie, but I enjoyed it a lot.


So Sunday night it stayed with ZLs and waiting for changes in missionaries.  We received word that the zones Imbabura Este and Imbabura Oeste are going to be combined to make one zone.  We will now have 22 misionaries in the zone instead of only 10.  I recieved my new companion as well.  His name is Elder Luque from Peru. He lives close to Macchu Pichu and has about 19 months in the mission.  He is really really happy, obedient, and wants to work hard! Just what we need more of in this sector!  I am super excited to get to work and see our Miracles of March!

So I dont know if I mentioned this before, but Tupak has a baptismal date for the 7 of March. His baptism as a Catholic was this last Sunday, but, Tupak denied the baptism and didnt have it.  His date now says that he needs to wait a month, learn more, be baptized a Catholic, then baptize with us.  We are going to explain to his dad that this was a sign from the Lord that He doesnt want Tupak to be baptized a Catholic.  Its not the true church so it makes sense right?  The Lord works in mysterious ways, we just have to confide in Him and roll with it.

The Church is true, and thats as simple as our message has to be.  Every member a missionary with the calling to preach the Gospel.  I invite you to read 3 Nephi 5:13 and take it to heart.  As well as read the quotes from the Presidents of the Church in the back of Chapter 1 of Preach My Gospel.  We are ALL enlisted till the conflict is over.

Have a great week!


Elder Zambrano´s last moments in the mission


Elder Lomeli and Elder Zambrano with the Diaz Jetecama family


Pretty sunset

No comments:

Post a Comment