Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Gobble Gobble

Cause every time we TEACH, I get this feeling
And every time we PRAY I swear I could fly
Can't you feel my heart beat fast,
I want this to last
With MI HIJO by my side!
-Cascada (I heard this song like 10 times in the street this week.  They love gringo music)

This week was kind of a slower one, but thats ok becuase we´re missionaries.  We were walking around almost all week with almost every appointment falling.  Even for the ones that were set in stone!  We decided to fast as a companionship for two new families and two people with a baptismal date.  And yesterday, God blessed us with two new investigators with a date for the 19th of December.  Its another mother-daughter duo and they are both named Karina.  AND, God also blessed us with THREE new families!  Fasting really does work!

Elder Liendo and I had a lot of new experiences as well.  As he is a smaller, asian looking guy, and I am gringo, we have lots of great friends that like to ask us for money :)  Elder Liendo kinda freaks about and gets behind me.  Then, I just have to say "Lo siento pana, estoy chiro" or "Sorry buddy, Im broke".  I give them a fist bump and we walk away like nothing happened but my comps heart rate might be off beat haha.  
We also taught a few drunk guys this week that just walked into lessons and wanted to listen to "La Palabra" or "The Word".  Lots of great times here in Esmeraldas.

Played lots of indor (futsal) this week, so watch out.  Ecuador is undefeated in the World Cup process so we are just going to take it all.  The whole country shuts down when there is game, so we try to bug people a bit by making them answer doors during an important game.

I remember that last Thanksgiving I ate crackers and water for dinner.  I think it will be somewhat the same, but we may add some rice and chicken in there somewhere :) .Ponte Pilas this week during Thanksgiving.  Christmas is great, but next month.  Give thanks for EVERYTHING.  Even your trials.  That has helped me find ways to become a better person.  This is the true Gospel!  It rocks!  Grandkids have fun at Gma´s party!

Elder Lomeli

PS. HAPPY BIRTHDAY on Sunday Lauren!  Wow the big 17.  Make sure to celebrate it a bit with God at church :)  Love you!!


Live action shot writing home :)

No comments:

Post a Comment