Thursday, March 24, 2016

Cookie Toss

"Hi Im Kammy, a certifed nurses assistant, can I help? They said you slipped on jello." "No, I didnt slip ON jello, I slipped INTO jello." "Oh."

Hey, so not a whole lot happened this week, but what did happen was awesome!  We will start off with Fabian and Maricela who have a date for the 26th of this month.  We went over on Thursday night and they had a huge fight.  They were going to separate from each other.  They had the police called, a divorce lawyer on the phone, and two frightened missionaries on their couch.  All in all, we were able to help them calm down and listen to us.  We reviewed the Family Proclamation and offered to dedicate their home.  It all worked out, and they just barely called me to tell me that on Wednesday or Thursday they are going to be married to be baptized on Saturday!  I think Im gonna be a marriage counselor when I grow up.  

We also had the Stake Conference this weekend.  We had just left a cita to go get an investigator.  While on the bus, I felt something hit my leg.  I thought nothing of it at first, but then it got warm and wet.  I thought that some kid had urinated on my leg. (Parents pull down the pants of their kids, boy or girl, and make them do their business wherever they desire here)  I look down and to my delight, it was just puke!  Yes! I get to go see the mission president with an orange puke stain on my suit!  The mom didnt even say sorry or anything, she just looked at me with a stare that said "next time, dont put your leg there!".  #MissionMemories

My soccer skills are getting better.  I can take on one gringo, a bolivian with a foot infection, and a peruvian with a snow coat all at one time!  Sports Center here I come.  Oh and I found a good food combo: boiled potatoes and guacamole.  Try it before Bobby Flay makes it famous.

I cannot believe how fast time flies.  I love being a missionary!  I know without a down that this church is true and all that it entails.  I know that families can be together forever.  ¡Que les vaya bien!

Elder Lomeli

Sorry, no photos this week

No comments:

Post a Comment