Monday, June 1, 2015

WOW!.....Dusty

Hola everyone!

Well, I can say that right now I feel like Dory in Finding Nemo with tons of dust in her lungs.  Agato is a huge dust bowl!  We cant walk 15 minutes without being dust sprayed by a bus or two!  Haha I love it though, it makes me more grateful for paved roads and lucious grass.  This area of Otavalo makes me think even more of Lyman than my last sector here.  Tons of dust, farming, and animals running all over the place.  Makes me feel like Im at home in Lyman :)

This week we have been working a lot with the members asking for references and visiting with them.  We recieved a reference from an RM in out ward for a man named Juan Carlos.  He recently separated from his girlfriend(who is also the mother of his two children) and wants to change his life.  We have had 3 charlas with him and he accepted a baptismal date for the 20th of June, and even came to church this Sunday!  He has lots of great desires to do the right thing in his life.  Just a great example of the great things that can happen when members are involved in the work too!

Elder Barnes and I get along very well and we are laughing at almost every moment that we arent teaching.  We just keep quoting movies and making corny jokes.  Makes the slower progress here better and the mission a little bit more lively.  This week, we have been quoting mostly Good Burger...Cuz We´re all dudes! :)

We have both been without a voice this week due to the cold and the dust, but we are somehow able to still talk and visit with the people here in Agato.  Elder Barnes was a little worse off than I was, but little by little we are regaining our voices.  We were also saddend a little this week when a really great member fell back into his old drinking habits.  He is very invloved with us.  We almost think of him as our older brother.  His name is Luis and he needs a lot of help and prayers right now.  He needs to be able to get his life back on track and we are going to help him in everyway that we can.

This week has been a learning week in many aspects, but what I love the most were the baptismal requirements found in D&C 20.  It made me really relfect on the covenants that I made and made me want to better keep them.  I was able to more closely listen to the sacrament prayer and focus on the promises found there in.  We will be able to better live our lives and have the influence of the Spirit if we weekly remember and renew those covenants we made at baptism.  I love being a missionary and I know that this Church is true!

P.S. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY MOM AND DAD!!!!!  21 YEARS :)  



 Blue Gatorade finally came to Ecuador!!!


Elder Barnes is ready to farm

No comments:

Post a Comment